Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fossil fuel












How to earn 349 million euro in three months. Well the answer is burn fossil fuel!
The owner of this fossil fuel burner, NUON - 2 million customers in the Netherlands, doubled it's earnings in the 2nd quarter of this year. How? Did they offer better service. Did they made their customers happy? No. They doubled their earnings because the fuel prices rose.

No one wants to pay extra. The sales reps of NUON tried to cash in on the price scare. So they called their customers and said: "the fuel prices are rising, we have an offer to lock your account to the current rates." Well boys, where are you now? The oil and gas prices have dropped since the oil-scare of July/Augustus. So call me now and make me a better offer. Well I bet you this time they won't call.

[This train of thought started because I drove by them this afternoon. I took the pic driving on the Amsterdam ring. Is that illegal? Phoning is. Oke I over dramatized the sky a bit]

No comments: